Borneo Break: Lunch at Bintulu

Bintulu which is a coastal town and the central gateway to tourist spots like Bakun Resort, Niah Caves, Mulu National Park, Longan Bunut National Park, Lambir National Park, Sibuti Wildlife Sanctuary, Rejang Pelagus, Belaga and the Bario Highlands is about 215 kilometers from either Sibu or Miri. When we reached there, it was a little over the time for lunch and we stopped at a coffee shop where I had my first taste of Sarawak's prawn mee. It was different from the prawn mee in Penang and two or three more times more expensive. The one I had in Bintulu cost about RM 8 and I heard in Sibu there is a popular shop selling the dish at RM 20. The noodle was quite tasty and yes, it was different. We left immediately after lunch and for takeaway, we got ourselves some strange Japanese food which supposedly had octopus meat in it. Mau Wei loved the Japanese food but I thought it tasted a bit weird. Nice experience though!

Prawn Mee for lunch...
Japanese food for takeaway...

Travel Tip: You can stop anywhere and still enjoy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright2@gmail.com
footiam said…
Thanks, Alisha. I don't think of this as spam. I think of this as an honour. I like the widget and have added it to all my blogs! Thanks!
Liudmila said…
I begin to read your blog always when I'm with empty stomach... Now I can think nothing else as something to eat.
footiam said…
This trip is more of a culinary journey... it's eating, eating the local food all the way!