Borneo Break: A Magical Moment

At Niah Cave, there is a large chamber just after the Great Cave which would bring delights to many photographers. Shafts of sunlight stream down here at Lubang Padang where there are holes in the cave roof. Timing should be right though. The first time we passed through this place, Amber and I did not see anything spectacular but when we were on our way back from the Painted Cave, we were awed to see the magical shafts of sunlight illuminating the bizarre rock formations there. For one magical moment, I felt like Harrison Ford aka Indiana Jones about to discover the Ark of the Covenant but then of course, this was not a scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark. This was Niah Cave. Amber clambered to get her camera out from her sling bag to capture the magical moment but she was a bit too late. Dark clouds must have rolled across the sky and suddenly the shaft of lights dissapeared. I managed to get a shot though with my handphone camera but frankly speaking, I was not the only lucky one that day. Both Amber and I were lucky! We got to see that magical moment.

Comments

Liudmila said…
It could not be only disappoinment to visit such an interesting place...
footiam said…
Yes, there is a surprise here and there!
Anonymous said…
Hi,

I visited Indonesia too,this place was very mystic for me. I went there again while I read your blog.Thank you.

www.eng.azgezmis.com
footiam said…
Hi, thanks for visiting. There will be more tales from Java and Makasar too! Do visit again!