Short Take : In Penang

Penang is such a short distance away but it had been at least two years since I last travel across Penang Bridge to the island. It's due to the Covid  pandemic of course; and even now when the lockdown of the nation has been removed and everyone is free to travel, there isn't the itch to do so until one weekday when an errand had to be done. Then, there I was with my other niece making a trip towards Dewan Sri Pinang to deliver some paintings. On a weekday, the streets in Penang weren't as bustling as they used to. In the UNESCO heritage part of town, suddenly I realized the old shop houses are rather small compared to some we had back home in Taiping. Then, I recalled the narrow, dark streets and little shops in Varanasi. There were some that were even smaller.

Comments