Stepping foot on Sungai Bakap

I woke up early on Friday morning. Thuan Hee had wanted to give me a treat. At about seven, he drove me in his Proton Saga to the little town of Sungai Bakap in Province Wellesley. It was slightly more than half an hour journey from Penang Island but throughout the journey, I was in slumber land. I did not sleep well the night before. Upon arriving there, I opened my eyes sleepily and hey, a bell rang... I had passed this quaint little town before when I was a young boy traveling to Penang with my mom or sister. That day was the first time that I was to set foot on the soil of Sungai Bakap and to taste the duck rice that the little town is famous for....

The quiet street of Sungai Bakap...

The market in Sungai Bakap...

A hawker in the street of Sungai Bakap...


A quaint road in Sungai Bakap...


Shophouses in Sungai Bakap, as seen from the market...


Inside the market of Sungai Bakap...



Along the five-foot way in Sungai Bakap...



The famous duck rice of Sungai Bakap...



Just for your information: The duck rice does not consist of entirely duck!



Comments