Java Jamboree: A Horse Ride

Technically, our four wheel drive did not take us to Mount Bromo. It came to a halt some distance away from its foot. From then on, to reach our destination, we could either walk or take a horse and then, climb up a neat staircase to the top where one could peer into the crater of the sleeping volcano. We opted for the latter and as a guide led my horse along, I was reminded of my horse ride in the vicinity of the Pyramid of the Cheops in Cairo, Egypt about five years back but then, of course, this was a different experience. In Egypt, the horse owner was very harsh on the horse, whipping the terrified creature into obedience but over here, the Hindu Javanese guide just led the very tame horse along . All the same, Move over, Indiana Jones aka Harrison Ford. Here, we are, my friends and I, riding fearlessly towards Mount Bromo, each armed with a camera...


Riding a horse to Mount Bromo...






Traveling Tip: Ride a horse!

Comments

Liudmila said…
Oh you had enough extreems on your way I see...