Remininisce: Dropping a Camera

In New Zealand, a 6.3-magnitude quake had destroyed the iconic stone Christchurch Catheral! I remember the catheral. It must have been a decade ago since I visited Christchurch and saw a group of youngsters wearing smart coats hanging in the plaze of Catheral Square. Probably, they had a function at the catheral but for my friends and I, we were busy taking photographs outside. I remember a mock big chess set outside the catheral then and a friend being careless and nearly dropping a prized camera. It was not the first time that Christchurch Catheral was hit by quake. The 2010 Canterbury earthquake hit it once and this time, the 2011 Canterbury earthquake had reportedly left the catheral and surrounding buildings in ruins. I suppose it is worse than dropping a camera!



2010 Canterbury earthquake, cathedral representatives were unable to ascertain the level of damage (if any). The bells were heard ringing during the earthquake and since they are normally left in the 'up' position, most likely rang themselves down with little or no damage. The cathedral reopened on the 22nd of September 2010, after it was deemed safe by engineers

Comments