Ancient City Ayutthaya: Ayutthaya at Night

Ayutthaya is quiet at night, dark even; lacking the twinkling, dazzling neon lights and bustling crowd of Bangkok. People talk about touring the city after dark to get a different perspective on the temple ruins and taking a tuk-tuk to the Grand Market, Ayutthaya’s red light district; where there's a number of karaoke pubs, beer bars with live rock music and bar girls. My friends and I didn't wander far from our hotel, taking a quiet stroll to a night market to have dinner. On the way, a friend even had time to catch Pokemon on the streets. The night market we went to wasn't as big or grand as the one in Patpong, Bangkok and doesn't even come near to the one in Chiengmai; but it did spring some surprises. I suppose I haven't got tired of seeing exotic food like fried grasshoppers and the like. Then, there were barbecued bananas, too; something I have yet to see back home...














Comments