Having a Bite at Oriental Village

We did not immediately make off back to our hotel after the cable car ride at the Oriental Village in Pulau Langkawi. Someone had suggested taking a bite and we passed off a posh Japanese Restaurant for some cheaper local delights at a little food court there. My friends had some Hai Lam mee which they said were quite delicious while I opted for some Penang Laksa. The proprietor had said that the laksa would taste the same as the Penang Laksa in Penang Island but it was really far from expectation. In fact, it was not as good as the average laksa in Malaysia. The Perlis Laksa which I took at the jetty in Kuala Perlis when we left for home the next day, in fact, had a better taste. However, I had no complaint for the mango juice which I had ordered. It was not really sweet but at least, the juice was fresh and authentic.



At the food court in the Oriental Village...




We had a bite...




My friend ordered Hai Lam mee...




I had Penang Laksa...





and Mango Juice...



But the Laksa Perlis at Kuala Perlis....





was better!...


Traveling Tip: Try the local delights!


Comments

Anonymous said…
The foods look very delicious. I feel hungry looking at the photo captured :). Must be tasty after having great ride on the cable car. Next time you can plan to NZ also. A lot of fantastic places there. All the information needed and the map of new zealand are available for you to have. I wish you have a wonderful trip!
footiam said…
Thanks, Robert. New Zealand is definitely a beautiful place especially in springs with the wild lupens everwhere. Thanks for the map.