Kota Bahru's Shopping Malls

In the 90s, when I visited Kota Bahru, Kelantan, a shopping mall was unheard of. I remember visiting a very big wet market then, the Siti Khadijah Market Pasar besar Siti Khadijah, I suppose;  Moonlight beach Pantai Cahaya Bulan, formerly Beach of Passionate Love Pantai Cinta Beach and going out to Tumpat to visit a Buddhist temple among others; but never a shopping mall. KB shopping mall was only built in 2004 and it must  be over ten years later that I stepped on it; that was when my nephew and I went on our east coast trip. Touted as an award-winning shopping mall, the mall however wouldn't be able to hold a candle to the shopping malls in Penang or Kuala Lumpur. Nevertheless, it was fun taking a walk there, marvelling at the shops' Jawi signage, the food and the people and the fact that there was no movie theatre there or anywhere else in Kelantan. Aeon Shopping Mall which opened just then was a bigger, nicer place and as far as I remember, has the best art supplies shop I have ever visited...

At KB Mall...






At Aeon Shopping Mall..






Comments