Summer Holidays : Story of a Small Town

While in Uig, I heard someone in our group asked, Why did he leave us here? She meant the guide could have left us somewhere busier or bigger perhaps, where one could do something exciting or interesting to while away the time. Here, in Uig which is situated on a raised beach overlooking a bay; some would love the view and the chilly atmosphere. It is ridiculously small with  over 200 people but is said to be the largest settlement on Trotternishin in the North. I remember bringing our own buns or fruits to eat, buying some Scottish beer back to Potree at the little shop near the filling station and visiting Uig Pottery. At the pottery, a lady was in the midst of shaping a vase; and my friends and I on seeing her started singing out loud...Oh...My love....My darling... I've hungered for your touch... Are you still mine?... The lady and another woman there burst out laughing hysterically. I suppose they knew the song Unchained Melody is featured in the romantic scene in the 1990 hit movie Ghost where Patrick Swayze helps Demi Moore make a vase...
                                      24









Comments