Langkawi Trip: A Visit to a Museum

In Pulau Langkawi, we visited Galeria Perdana. The young people travelling with us were not very keen to visit the place but our tour leader brought us there anyway; to the museum which display gifts and awards presented to former Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir and his wife, Dr. Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali by delegates, statesmen and leaders from all over the world. I suppose there isn't a museum like this elsewhere in the world; one that displays gifts and awards belonging to a national leader; at least not that I heard of. I have heard of the gallery in 1995 when it was first opened but then I didn't know it was considered a museum. I would consider the museum to be rather big with more than ample empty spaces to move around and it was dimly lit and quiet, almost devoid of visitors. The museum displays over 2,500 exhibits from porcelain to crystal, silver, textile and copper pieces as well as weapons, plaques, musical instruments, Islamic art and paintings. Some of the paintings were not particularly nice but then of course, this is just a personal opinion. That was my first visit to the gallery.















Comments