Introducing Khao Yai : From Ayutthaya to Khao Yai

Prior to visiting it, I suppose I haven't heard of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, Khao Yai. Khao Yai is Thailand's third largest national park, a tourist favourite; and my visit to the place was a surprise to me even. I remember suggesting to my friends that we visited Ayutthaya, an ancient city which I have always dream of going and someone added Khao Yai as the next stop in our itinerary.  We hired a cab from Ayutthaya and I slept throughout the long journey. When I opened my eyes, there I was in Khao Yai, a rather green place with cool weather which would charm nature lovers who yearn for some place green and quiet. The place we put up for the night was indeed green and quiet. We hardly see anyone save for the receptionist;and we had a hard time communicating with her since she speaks no English and we speak no Thai. We got our keys to our rooms which overlooked a pretty well maintained green football field nevertheless; and I suppose, there should 've been a crowd sometimes; just that, then, it was off season...













Comments